What is a Focal Point?
Youth LEAD Focal points are country level representatives of young key populations in Asia and the Pacific who promote a coordinated response to the HIV and AIDS pandemic at the national and local level. They are the ‘backbone’ of Youth LEAD because of their national, local and community level engagement. They form the ‘General Assembly’ which is the highest governance body of Youth Lead (excluding the Foundation Board.)
Focal points aim to represent the young key populations (YKP) demographics of their country – namely young people living with HIV (YPLHIV), young men having sex with men (MSM), young sex workers, young transgender persons, young people who use drugs, young women and young migrants. Targets for focal point representation have been set and are monitored at each Youth LEAD Board meeting.
Becoming a Focal Point
Do you fit any of these requirements and are interested in becoming a Focal Point?
- Identify as being from the young key populations (YKP) or young people living with HIV (YPLHIV) communities or be an advocate of YKP or YKPHIV.
- Are under 27 at the time of recruitment.
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience working for YKP and HIV
- Affiliated with a national organization or a local community groups that are actively working on the issues of HIV and young people,
- Able to understand English, fluent English is preferred
- Basic computer skills including word, excel, power-point and internet
- Passionate working with different young key populations to HIV
The application process is open year round, however the review and recruitment of the position takes place on a quarterly basis.
Any interested candidates with the above mentioned qualifications are kindly requested to send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Focal Point [month and year]” in the subject line.:
- Updated CV
- Letter of intent
- One recommendation letter from your supervisor
Any inquiries regarding the application can be sent to email@example.com with “Queries on application focal point” in the subject line.