Youth LEAD is the Asia Pacific regional network of young key populations (YKP) ages 18-27.
Youth LEAD was created to develop partnerships among young key populations (YKP) organizations in the Asia-Pacific region. We equip our members with the necessary skills and tools to advocate for change by empowering YKP at the grassroots level
Youth LEAD is unique because we bring together all young key populations to the same platform. Our organization and programs are led, designed, and implemented by young people, working for other young people. We embrace each other’s differences and celebrate our similarities, connected by our values and needs of being young and our shared passion to end HIV/AIDS. This is what makes Youth LEAD strong: our network of young men who have sex with men, young sex workers, young people who use drugs, young transgender persons, and young people living with HIV, who all come together to advocate for issues that affect us and our communities
Objectives of the organisation
- Promote a unified platform and common voice for YKP in the Asia and Pacific region, through providing representation and coordination at various forums where YKP should be represented.
- Establish or strengthen national networks of YKP in Asia and the Pacific region to ensure their representation at all decision-making forums and processes that affect their lives.
- Advocate for the harmonization of policies that negatively impact on the health and well-being of YKP, reduce stigma and discrimination for HIV persons and promote/raise awareness on HIV related issues in relation to YKP
- Advocate for universal access to a diverse range of evidence based, locally driven harm reduction approaches in conformity with the ‘UNFPA, UNESCO, UNAIDS, UNICEF’ Technical Guide for countries to set targets for universal access to HIV prevention, treatment and care for adolescents and YKP in the Asia and Pacific region.
- Establish strategic alliances and forge collaborations with various like-minded individuals, groups and organizations to promote and support the effective and meaningful participation of young people and adolescents in the regional and global response to HIV.
- Provide expertise, resources and support to country networks in advocating for issues affecting young key populations.
Purpose of the Call for Consultants
The purpose of this call for consultants is to develop a roster of consultants (experts) for the year 2018-2020. It will primarily benefit Youth LEAD by reducing the time and level of effort that is required while hiring a consultant.
Below are some Q&A that will facilitate everyone to understand the process.
Who are we looking for?
Anyone may submit his/her application. However, we would encourage individuals and organizations that have extensive experiences of working with Adolescents and Young Key Populations that includes work with young MSM, young transgender persons, young people who sell sex and young people who use drugs and young people living with HIV.
Individual Consultant means a person who works as a freelance.
Organization refers to any legal entity whose purpose and work are congruent to Youth LEAD’s goal, objectives and the above-mentioned issues/areas.
Experts from the young key populations and key populations will be given high priority.
What type of work will Youth LEAD outsource in 2018-2020?
In 2018-2020, as per the current programs and Strategic action plan, Youth LEAD will most probably outsource work that will focus on:
- Development of Implementation toolkit for YKP.
- Advocacy and policy briefs writing on adolescents and YKP
- Proposals development
- Studies and assessment on adolescents and YKP
- Capacity development training manuals development
- Facilitation of capacity development trainings on adolescents and YKP
- Organisational development
- Strategic plan development
- Evaluations of the project and initiative
- Short movies and documentary production
- Designing of the reports
What do we need from you?
Individuals interested to submit an application must submit the documents below:
- A cover letter explaining your area of expertise and experiences.
- A complete CV with two referees (Applicants who have had consultancy experiences are requested to submit details of their previous consultancies including the fees you were paid.)
Organizations interested to submit an application must submit the documents below:
- Organization profile covering key relevant activities performed in the last 2 years. (Max 4 pages)
Deadline for submission
The deadline to submit the application is April 30, 2018 before 17:00 (GMT+7).
How do I submit my application?
Please submit the above-mentioned documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would appreciate if you could keep your email subject in the quoted format – “Submission for the Consultant – YOUR/Organization’s NAME – COUNTRY”.
What will happen after I submit my application?
After the given deadline of this call, Youth LEAD secretariat will review all the applications and shortlist them. Shortlisted applications will be registered in the Youth LEAD Consultants Roster.
Please note that there will be no acknowledgement of receipt of your application submission email. Shortlisted applicants will be notified individually via email in May 2018.
Information in regards to roster
Once you are registered in the roster of consultant, Youth LEAD secretariat may contact you for any consultancy opportunities that are more relevant to your expertise. The issue and areas of consultancy will depend on various current and upcoming projects that will be implemented by Youth LEAD throughout 2018-2019. Though, please understand that being registered in the roster does not in any way assure a consultancy contract.
When you are selected as the consultant for a specific contract, you may be required to submit some additional documents like scanned copy of your ID/passport (registration documents for organizations) and documents that would verify the rate of your previous consultancies (depending on different funding agency’s requirement). The role of the selected consultant will be defined in the contract to be signed for the specific task.
Will there be any similar call in the future?
Yes, there will be another call at the end of April 2020 to develop roster for 2020-2022. The current call is for the period from May 2018 – April 2020. The 2018-2020 shortlisted applicants’ registration will continue in our roster. However, they will be requested to submit their updated CV.